Thursday, March 4, 2010

Following into the Folds of Peace

Life w/4 children can be a rollercoaster ride. Did I mention that I don't like rollercoasters? Sometimes it is so crazy you think your head will Pop! And then, just as quickly, you become aware of something greater than yourself. You can have an epiphany or a breakdown. Some days, I'm lucky enough to have the epiphany. Yesterday, was one of those moments.
In the midst of the crazy, it came to me. I realized, when you're at your wits end, you can put on the ipod. You can pull out the art supplies and retreat into it. Yet, when you look up from your pallette, the kids will have joined you. They will be all around you, like a comforting pillow, doing their own creating.
They will follow you to the beat of your own peace and find their own. You can't give it to them, only lead them to it.
(38 yrs to figure that one out!)

BTW: I highly recommend the use of ipods/mp3s for toning down your children's noise, if only by your own perception!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I absolutely love this post! Children really do take on the vibes and example of the adults.